Asian Junction strives to knit the expat South Asian community in the UK, closer than ever before. It is the first and only platform exclusively dedicated to the millions of South Asian expatriates, based in the UK.
At Asian Junction, we are working tirelessly to bring you a mobile application that eventually would become a sine qua non for any and all UK based South Asian people. A place where you could feel the warm embrace of your beloved home country, to forge personal connections, collaborate professionally and establish symbiotic associations.
With that said, we would love to host any of your friends as well. The more the merrier!
Excited to get it? Let us help you here.
How to download
Downloading our mobile application is as simple as it gets. You need to visit the Android Play Store or the Apple App Store application on your smartphone. Open the application and just search for “Asian Junction.” Once the Asian Junction logo appears, you simply need to click on the AJ icon and install the application. Clicking on the install link shouldn’t cost you one bit – neither money and nor time – the app is completely FREE!
How to use the app
Once you have downloaded the application, please proceed to create your personal account. Register using your preferred email address and create your profile. We use text messaging based authentication to secure and verify your credentials, so do make sure to feed the correct mobile number as you would need to verify it when you register on the app.
Here is how to post on the Asian Junction mobile app:
- Once you have registered, the home screen would appear. On the top of the screen you would find the space saying – “What’s new in your mind.” Please do take a quick look on the image below.
- After you click on “What’s new in your mind,” it will lead you to a new window, where you would be able to select your target audience on the basis of community or ethnicity (you may choose both).Not only that, but you can also make an area-wise selection from “who can view my post.”
- Now you can select the best suited category for your post, from various categories under the scroll down menu.
- Continue by filling the “Subject” and explaining your post in the space provided below your message. For example:
Subject – Plumber required for a small job.
Message – Looking to hire a plumber for the evening. Interested candidates please message in the comments section.
- Lastly, “Submit” your post, and it would appear on the home screen with all the posts from our users.
Even if you are just surfing and not posting any information or update, you can still filter your feed to narrow down your search. As shown in the image below, filtering is quite similar to creating posts. You simply need to select your area preference, community, ethnicity and the category you need information on. Once you click on “Apply”, voila! Your feed would be filtered in the bespoke manner you intended to get the results you need and make your experience of surfing on the app much more curated and thus richer.
Asian Junction intends to bridge the gaps in information and communication gaps to bring the South Asian communities closer on a foreign land they have made their home now. Our ethos is reflected in our motto – “Help each other, Serve each other.” Let us embark on the journey of connecting our communities, flourishing deep roots to help and uplift each other for a better tomorrow.